Yoga and Hiking Adventure in Greece – July 7 – July 14, 2018
This will be an EPIC adventure! Join Elizabeth and Nick in the mountains of Northern Greece for a week of yoga, meditation, hiking and shamanic journey. Step back in time to the quaint village of Mikro Papingo, where cobblestone pathways lead to stone buildings nestled into the side of the Vikos Gorge – the largest canyon in Greece and one of the deepest in all of Europe.
- We will practice yoga and meditation in the town square, witnessing breathtaking views of the gorge and the mountains.
- We will take one day-long hike down into the Vikos Gorge where a pristine spring awaits us to swim and fill our water bottles with the most amazing water on the planet.
- An evening hike up the mountains of Pindos Range for an overnight stay in the remote Mountain Hut Refuge and to experience the astonishing beauty of the sun setting over the valley below.
- A second day-long hiking excursion from the Mountain Hut Refuge among the peaks of the Pindos Range and to explore the Dragon Lake.
- All meals will be serviced family style at the village tavernas, using the freshest ingredients to create authentic Greece cuisine. Vegetarian and Vegan options available.
Two pricing/housing options are available:
Single Room – USD$2199 per person
Twin Share Room – USD$1699 per person
- All participants will need to fly to Athens, and then get a 45 minute internal flight from Athens to Ioannina Airport (IOA), which depart twice per day most days.
- All participants must arrive into Ioannina Airport (IOA) on Saturday July 7. There are 2 incoming flights from Athens on that day – morning or evening. The village of Papingo is a 1 hour drive from Ioannina and there will be ground transport meeting each flight.
- Similarly, flights out of Ioannina must be booked for either the morning or evening on Saturday July 14th.
- For Australian Guests: The new airline Scoot is offering very low fares to Athens HERE.
- The hotel images above are our intended accommodations. Availability may change and is limited due to the size of the village but all guests will be accommodated in similar if not identical rooms.
- Our group will enjoy breakfast together each morning in the house of one of our local friends, overlooking the valley.
- Vegetarian dining is not a problem. Vegan dining is more challenging in the village, and while not impossible the choices will be limited due to the remote location and local style of food.
- The hikes on this retreat are fairly demanding. Be sure to discuss any concerns with us in advance, and we do suggest some daily walking for a couple of weeks ahead of the retreat to prepare.
- Please be sure to advise us of any allergies, dietary restrictions or injuries well in advance.
- We will be practicing yoga outdoors on stone village squares. Yoga mats will be available for your use if you can’t bring your own.
- More information, clothing and equipment suggestions will be provided in a welcome email to those attending the retreat.
- When searching for flights to Greece, it is sometimes better to fly to Athens and then book the short internal flight to Ioannina separately. BUT be sure to leave a long enough layover as flights into Athens can often be late.
- We strongly recommend all participants obtain travel insurance for the retreat.* All meals & transportation to and from Ioannina Airport (IOA) included.
* Flights are not included.
* Any remaining retreat payments must be received no later than May 30, 2018
Please Register below